Sunday, July 13, 2014

Long Time No Post!

Hey everyone!  Long time no see!  I have to admit, I lost track of things.  I can be a bit ADD sometimes.   But I was recently fussed at by my sister for not keeping up to date with things on here and posting, so here I am!  I guess I'll start off by showing you guys a couple paintings I've done since I've seen you last.  

Winter Winds was a project I started when I was in the middle of another project that I wasn't happy with.  I decided I was trying to paint something that wasn't me and scrapped it. I just can't paint something I don't feel excited about. Once I started this one, I just felt so right and happy about it, that I finished it in three days. Probably a total of 12 hours. It may be simple, but that's what I prefer. 

The second painting, WWII planes was painted specifically as a gift for my brother.  He has always been into war stories and memorabilia from that era and I wanted to paint him something that was him.  I searched google for WWII planes and fell in love with this picture the moment I saw it.  I knew it was the one I needed to do.  

I have plans for a series, which I will give a piece of to each of my family members.  But that has been put on  hold for a bit due to moving and housing issues.  Once I have something finished, I'll share it with you! 



  
Winter Winds
September 2013


WWII Planes
December 2013

Actual picture the above painting was created off of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment